This is a FASHION/STYLE blog, a SEWING/DIY BLOG. This is not a political blog.
I just wanted to make that clear.
However, make no mistakes, the political parties, like fashion house, stylists and every other job, business or career, are brands. And like every brand, require branding strategies to boost their standing with the populace (and clients :)) . It is these branding methods that either make or mar every business and decide whether we believe in them or not.
So from the just concluded elections, here are a few lessons l learned:
1. Practice what you Preach. Your clients are not fools. Actions always speak louder thank words
2. One person cannot do it all, it takes a team, a great team, to win. Pick the right team.
3. Even though you use the 90/10 rule, i.e. 90 percent of your income comes from 10 percent of your client and vice versa, take care of the remaining 90 percent of your client. They matters, carry them along.
4. Luck can fizzle out, people need to believe in your work, your brand, your product offering. Make them believe
5. Patience is a virtue, Apathy is not.
6. No decision is ever too small or too big for your personal input. Especially if you are the face they see. Your clients need to see/know that you care.
7. It may seem that your clients really need you, however, be warned. They do have a choice. Don’t take them for granted, you need them too.
8. Interaction is key. Use every means necessary, telephone, email, social media. Listen to what they say, how they say, where they say and when they say. Read between the lines too
9. You are on a journey, don’t give up. Hit a roadblock? Re-strategize, change plan. Focus on what you want and go for it. Have faith in yourself.
10. In the face of competition/opposition/confrontations, meltdowns are unnecessary. It only hurts your brand and makes you look weak. Keep calm. Channel your inner Jega. This too shall pass.
All the best